We are currently in the process of formalizing our farm plan and will be happy to share it openly once it is complete. Here are key points to summarize our current efforts throughout the farm.
- No-till practices, allowing the soil ecosystems to work their own magic
- Drip irrigation is on automatic timer throughout the entire orchard & garden to minimize our water consumption
- Flood irrigation is used infrequently & is directed with furrows to ensure efficient use of water
- Water is sourced from new, on-site wells, rather than directly pulling from the creek
- Desert-adapted or native varieties of produce is planted whenever possible
- Only certified-organic fertilizer or inputs are used. We never spray or use pesticides
- We plant many different varieties to promote biodiversity